Happy Valentine’s Day! I’m celebrating early with this FREE crochet pattern, a lacy heart-shaped sleep mask! Who says you can’t look like a beauty when you’re getting your beauty rest?
V-day is just a little over a week away, and if you need a last-minute gift or just a little something indulgent for yourself, this might do the trick. For example, this makes a great present for
- Your teenage daughter (crochet it in bright pink)
- All the single ladies (crochet it in eggplant purple)
- The bride-to-be (crochet it in white or cream)
- You and the hubs (crochet it in sparkly scarlet)
- The mom-to-be (crochet it in her fav color — she needs her Zs!)
- The late riser or night owl (crochet it in midnight black)
The best part about this sleep mask is that it has a soft flannel lining that does two essential things: it keeps light from shining through the little cracks in the crochet, and it feels nice and warm against your weary eyelids. Stitching it on in a contrasting color adds a little somethin’, and it doesn’t take as long as you might think. It took me about 20 minutes (and I was simultaneously talking on the phone).
Another great feature is the elastic band at the back of the head strap. This way, you get the proper tension so the mask actually stays on at night. Plus, you don’t have to fiddle with tying the two crochet strands at the back of your head — they might come undone.
This DIY sleep mask pattern is easy, but I’ve included SO MANY photos and resources that it would be impractical for me to duplicate them here in this post. (I actually went a little overboard documenting every little step.) So, just download the PDF, and you’ll have everything you need at your fingertips. Here’s what you’ll find in the PDF:
- Full list of materials and project notes
- Photo tutorial of how to crochet the lacy heart AND how to make and attach the flannel liner
- Printable version of the pattern (1 easy page)
- Printable cut-out template for the liner
- Stitch chart for the lacy heart (just in case!)
- Lots of photos
- Stitch instructions with links to how-to videos (I use two special stitches in this pattern.)
This sleep mask pattern is totally FREE — my gift to you for Valentine’s Day. I really hope you enjoy it!
WARNING! This pattern may cause drowsiness. Do not attempt to crochet this while operating a vehicle or other heavy equipment!
Pair this sleep mask with your favorite book, and I can’t think of a better way to get to sleep — OK, maybe I can! Anyhow, I’ll leave you with a few “sleepy” thoughts by some literary greats…
It is a common experience that a problem difficult at night is resolved in the morning after the committee of sleep has worked on it. – John Steinbeck
We are such stuff as dreams are made on; and our little life is rounded with a sleep. – William Shakespeare
I love sleep. My life has the tendency to fall apart when I’m awake, you know? – Ernest Hemmingway
QUESTION OF THE DAY
Are you a morning person or a night owl?
P.S. I shared this pattern at the link parties below, and I’m super excited to say that this pattern was featured on Oombawka’s fabulous Link and Share Wednesday! I slipped in under the wire with a four-way tie for third-place most-clicked. I’m totally jumping up and down! Click on the buttons to see more lovely, lovely designs!